Sweet Potato Curry
- 1 (600 g) sweet potato
- 1 (100 g) onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 dl water
- 1 tin (approx. 230 g) chickpeas
- 1 bag (approx. 65 g) baby leaf spinach
- 2 tbsp tandoori curry paste
- 1 carton (2.5 dl) coconut cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Prep time: 30–60 minutes
- Peel and cube the sweet potato. Chop the onion and garlic finely.
- Sauté the sweet potato, onion, and garlic in oil in a saucepan for about five minutes. Season with the cumin, salt, and pepper. Add the water to the saucepan and simmer with the lid on another ten minutes.
- Use a colander to rinse and drain the chickpeas. Add the chickpeas, spinch, and tandoori curry paste to the saucepan. Add the coconut cream and bring to a boil. Finally, season with the lemon juice. Check the taste. Serve the sweet potato curry with basmatic rice and naan bread.
Source: k-ruoka.fi. Translated by Living in FIN